We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air boat tours

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Air boat tours

We will be in New Orleans for the Jr. Olympics with teenagers (2, 14yrs girls and 1, 16yrs boy)for the 1st week in August. Which Airboat Tour would you recommend? Where can we go to eat that isn't too fancy but would provide some fun-teenage atmosphere. What else should we NOT miss. We have a week and want to make the best out of it. How are the Mississippi River Cruises? Are they mainly for older adults? The last thing we need is to hear those words " I'm bored". Please help.

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air boat tours

For Food: Deanies on Iberville in the FQ(seafood); Port O' Call on Esplanade(burgers & pizza); Bubba Gump's on Decatur(what else? shrimps). None of these are budget buster places.

I would avoid the river cruises, Gingersnap. They're expensive and underwhelming.

You'll get other great advise here, so stay tuned.

Hope you have a wonderful visit.

Fredonia,NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air boat tours

Do not take a Riverboat cruise, boring nothing to see. You are better off taking a ride on the Ferry to Algiers, much better view, and its free.

home
Level Contributor
153 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air boat tours

Agree that the River Boat cruises are boring other than the Creole Queen to Chalmette Battlefield (site fo the Battle of New Orleans). As far as the airboats go, they normall run $65.00 for a 12 passenger boat and $85.00 for a smaller 6 passenger boat. While the 6 passenger boat is more expensive, I recommend this as it goes faster, yet has the ability to get into smaller areas for more wildlife viewing. I suggest you call your hotel in advance to book the airboats for you as the city will be very full with AAU in town. You may also want to take the kids to 6 Flags, the Aquarium, Imax and Zoo. If you are going to do the zoo, aquarium and Imax, you can save a lot by purchasing a combo package for these.

You might also look ito the Childrens Museum and D Day Museum.

illinois
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air boat tours

I've done Airboat Adventures it's 6 passanger and $65 dollars(if you have a Good Times Guide there's a coupon that will give you $10 off per person). I am going with them again in August since we had so much fun with them a couple of years ago. Hope that helps.