We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A concerned traveler from Jackson MS ( Six Flags)

Jackson
2 posts
Save Topic
A concerned traveler from Jackson MS ( Six Flags)

Hi everyone

My family and I are planning a weekend trip from the July 29-31st. We going visit the Zoo, the aquarium, and the wax museum,etc all given good reviews by most of the writers of this forum. The question I have is about Six Flags in New Orleans. I have read some pretty bad things about the Six Flags in New Orleans. Is it really that bad as people say. I want to know, because my family and I really had our heart set on visiting Six Flags while we're visiting New Orleans. We are traveling from Jackson, and would hate to pay money for the park, just to be disappointed in the end.

Thanks

New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
285 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A concerned traveler from Jackson MS ( Six Flags)

Since Six Flags took over the park formerly known as Jazzland, there have been some improvements. Cosmetically, the park is a lot nicer than it was. But there aren't as many worthwhile rides and attractions there as there could be. I think the only major ride that's been added since the takeover is the Batman rollercoaster, which is worth trying. I'd say that if you have your hearts set on visiting an amusement park, go ahead and go. But try to do it in the evening when it's not as hot. And use the ticket discounts you can find at McDonald's and on cans of Coke.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A concerned traveler from Jackson MS ( Six Flags)

Somehow your question posted twice. Look for the other post for more answers.