We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Under 21?

New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Under 21?

So, two 19 year olds in the french quarter this jan. I hear some places are all ages or 18+. Cat's Meow is right? Because we LOVE karaoke. But the insider's guide claims almost all palces allow 18 and over, but charge a cover for those 18-20 to make up for lost drink revenue. But im hearing other things in other places, like if your not 21 , forget it they wont let you in. So i want to know once and for all. What places can we get in, and where can we absolutely not?

OKC
Level Contributor
304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Under 21?

HorizontalLies,

A couple of years ago, I was in New Orleans with a group that included several girls between ages 18 and 20. At the time, they were permitted to go into Cat's Meow. If memory serves me, it was the only night club that allowed the 18-20 age group.

Most other clubs on Bourbon St. will ask for I.D.

That being said, I think you'll enjoy walking down the street. It is a street party atmosphere with people of all ages. If you hear a good band, you can stand right on the sidewalk and enjoy it because the doors will be open.

Be safe.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Under 21?

My daughter and I are frequent visitors to Cat's Meow, she is 29 and is carded every single time we go there.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Under 21?

Citysearch review of Cat's M says 18 and over, can't imagine why my 29 year old daughter is carded at the door. Perhaps the guys just want to know her name, etc.LOL