We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre cruise night in January

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Pre cruise night in January

We are taking a family cruise (6 adults) in January 2009 are leaving out of New Orleans. We have pre cruise rooms booked at the Country Inn and Suites because it has a great rating with Trip Advisor, and because it is close to the French Quarter. Our travel agent couldn't recommend any hotels with pre cruise packages where they pick you up from the hotel and also shuttle you to the cruise terminal. Does anyone have any advise on where to find this? I have searched a big portion of the hotels in the area and could find nothing. Since 6 people won't fit in a taxi, it is going to cost a small fortune to transfer everyone to the hotel frpm the airport and back as well as to the cruise terminal. My husband and I are footing the bill for the entire vacation since it is our adult children going with us, so any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre cruise night in January

For the most part, none of the downtown/FQ hotels have shuttled buses since everything is pretty walkable.

I don't know if I'd agree with "small fortune" for cabs. If 3 people take a cab from MSY to the hotel, it's $36, so that's $72. Then another $10 from the hotel to the cruise terminal. You're still talking probably less than $100 to move six people around. While it's high, it's not outrageous.

2. Re: Pre cruise night in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 30, 2009