We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days to go.....woop woop!

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
11 posts
Save Topic
10 days to go.....woop woop!

Morning

The boy and I will be in New Orleans from June 2-11th staying at the Country Inn and Suites FQ. Can't quite believe it's only 10 days away. Been talking about this pretty much constantly for the last 3 months so I think my workmates will be glad to see the back of me!

Anyhow, I've been working on a (loose) to do list for our trip and would be uber grateful for feedback. Directions/distance aren't exactly a strong point of ours so if any of this seems too unrealistic please let me know.

1)-Swamp tour

2)-Rock and Bowl (is this within walking distance-we're keen walkers so any distance up to 5 miles is okay dokay)

3)-Mardi-gras world

4)-Garden District

5)-Bourbon

We're also really into our music and were hoping there were some alternative music venues hiding between the regular blues and jazz bars. Anything that plays rock, indie, acoustic, alt country etc and is cheap (on a pretty tight budget) would be ideal.

Thanks in advance

Kate

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,299 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days to go.....woop woop!

Just stroll down Bourbon. You'll find a dozen places playing different types of music. Pop into the ones where you hear something you like. It's the best way to find music that suits you. Glad you're excited. You're going to have a great time. Let us all know how your trip goes.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days to go.....woop woop!

10 days to go? Lucky you, I still have 10 months to go!! :(

Yes please, let us know the details of your trip when u get back. Personally speaking, reading trip reviews is what keeps me going until next spring!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days to go.....woop woop!

Since you'll be here for more than one week, you'll definitely have more than enough time to fit in all the activities listed above.

With the swamp tours, you'll be picked up from your hotel, so transportation isn't an issue. However, the Rock and Bowl is NOT within walking distance. It's located in Mid-City and you'd have to cab there!

To get to Mardi Gras World, you'd take the free Canal St ferry (a few blocks from your hotel) over to Algiers and then catch the free shuttle to Mardi Gras World. And with the Garden District, you just have to hop on the St. Charles Ave streetcar in front of your hotel and get down at whatever stop you want.

For your type of music, you'd probably enjoy d.b.a, the Apple Barrel, Checkpoint Charlie's and Dragon's Den on Frenchmen St in the Marigny and Republic on S. Peters in the Warehouse District.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days to go.....woop woop!

Since you will undoubtedly be going at night, take a taxi to Rock and Bowl. Enjoy your trip.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days to go.....woop woop!

Do not walk to the Rock & bowl. The best night to go is Thursday night...(Zydeco night)..

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 days to go.....woop woop!

Jun 5 (Thursday) Mid-City Lanes Rock 'n' Bowl:

Zydeco Night feat. Nathan & the Zydeco Chas Chas 8:30p

"A splendid time is guaranteed for all..."

A short cab ride away.

Put on your dancin' shoes.

Chicago
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 days to go.....woop woop!

As far as Garden District goes, Catch the streetcar out of the French Market ( ask for a transfer) get off at St. Charles street, catch that streetcar to the Garden District. There is a nice sandwich shop on 6th street I believe. Walk past the graveyard and take some pics( Daytime only) Then walk to Magazibe street for the shops.

8. Re: 10 days to go.....woop woop!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:30 am, September 29, 2009