We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1:40pm NO evacuation in ORLEANS parish yet.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
1:40pm NO evacuation in ORLEANS parish yet.

Orleans Parish, which is where New Orleans IS, has NOT YET announced VOLUNTARY evacuations. Some of the Parishes with areas outside the city, have announced VOLUNTARY evacuations to begin, some earlier today, some as of 5PM.

wilmington de
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1:40pm NO evacuation in ORLEANS parish yet.

I'm wishing all of you- locals and tourists alike- good luck with this latest storm. Stay safe.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1:40pm NO evacuation in ORLEANS parish yet.

Many heart felt thanks for your good wishes! It's 2PM, lastest I heard was path is predicted to head more easterly. Prayers for those in MS AL and the FL panhandle. Friends and family in the northeast tell me the rainy remnants of Cindy have arrived. Is this affecting you, or does it stop around Philly?

wilmington de
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1:40pm NO evacuation in ORLEANS parish yet.

Actually, the part of delaware i live in is the northernmost part of the state, so I am only about 15 minutes from Philly.As a matter of fact, that is where I grew up. Today, has been very rainy and chilly, but the skies are starting to clear now.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1:40pm NO evacuation in ORLEANS parish yet.

Lived in the Art Museum area of Ben Franklin Pkwy long ago. Glad your weather is clearing. Latest local reports have Dennis predicted to hit west of Mobile Bay, thankfully New Orleans will be spared again.

wilmington de
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1:40pm NO evacuation in ORLEANS parish yet.

Thank God. I visited NO last year,loved it so much I came back this year, and I want it all to still be there if I am lucky enough to return next year.

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1:40pm NO evacuation in ORLEANS parish yet.

We're leaving for the airport tomorrow morning at 10. Pre-planned as some of you know! Hope everything goes well for all you lovely people down here. Had a fantastic time and never eaten so much wonderful food. Trip report will be done when I get home. Good luck to all of you.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1:40pm NO evacuation in ORLEANS parish yet.

Daisiegee,

Thank you, dear, sweet Daisie. Have a safe trip home. Under the circumstances, tropical storm Cindy and the horror in London, I hope you were able to enjoy at least part of your visit. I pray that your next visit will be perfect and without incident. Please take with you my thoughts and prayers to the people back home. Let them know America cares and sends much love.

loveNola