We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florists and Flowers in NOLA

Boston
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Florists and Flowers in NOLA

Hi All,

My daughter will be marred in NOLA on Halloween next year (2009). We have reserved Muriel's for that date. We were thinking of making some or all of the floral arrangements (centerpeices mostly) ourselves. We were thinking of getting some Lumina pumpkins (the newish off-white ones), gutting them and putting flowers in them (basically the pumpkins would act like a vase).

Can anyone recommend a nice place to buy flowers? Here at home we have the Boston Flower Exchange, which is a wholesale place but it is for florists only, it is not open to the general public. However, I have heard that some states have a similar place that is open to the public. Does NOLA have one?

Also, in the event that we decide to get all or some of the arrangements at a florist, can someone recomend one?

We would like to save money, but we want fabulous arrangements.

Thanks all.

Boston
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Florists and Flowers in NOLA

PS - What is in season in NOLA in late October? Is there anything unique? We like unique.

Boston
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Florists and Flowers in NOLA

PPS - Is there a Costco Warehouse store in or near NOLA? Our local Costoc Warehouse has really nice flowers at a great price.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florists and Flowers in NOLA

We have Sam's Club rather than Costco. As with Costco, you have to buy a membership ($35, usually) but it's worth it if you're buying lots of "stuff" for the wedding!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florists and Flowers in NOLA

I wish we had Costco in New Orleans :(

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
29 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florists and Flowers in NOLA

There is Harkins the florist on Magazine street. They always seem to have things outside the shop on sale. I got a really nice arrangement from Villere's (I think they are in Metairie) If you really wanted to take a chance you might try your luck at the farmer's market on Sat. Morning at Magazine & Girod. There also may be flowers in the French Market, but I am not sure. I do not know if Greenleaf wholesale florist on Tchoupatoulas Street is open to the public. There is also a flower shop on Julia Street (Big Easy?) A friend's daughter may be having an October wedding reception at my house next October, and they are looking at Proflowers.com. I buy every day flowers for my house at Sam's. I hope this helps.

6. Re: Florists and Flowers in NOLA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 27, 2009