We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverboat Tours

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Riverboat Tours

Going to New Orleans Next month and wanted to try the riverboat tours. What is the tour company name and how much does it cost? Thanks : ) NOLA!!!

Royal Oak Mich
Level Contributor
761 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverboat Tours

http://www.steamboatnatchez.com/

Malahide, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverboat Tours

Be careful though; last time I wanted to go on this tour as well and it ended up not being the steamboat pictures (ie. no wheel at all) because it was out of town. Nice of them to have told us that at the time of booking!

It ended up being a rather unimpressive looking riverboat. So we got a refund and went up the river to another operator instead. Still not a wheel boat, but at least it looked more the part.

Skiatook, OK
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Riverboat Tours

We go to New Orleans every fall with a group of friends. We did the Steamboat Natchez afternoon cruise on our last trip. We had the option of doing lunch on the boat which we did not do, but it looked delicious!!!! It was a nice relaxing cruise that enables you to see sites and hear history that you do not see & hear outside of the Quater. We loved it and are going to do the night cruise this fall. The drinks on the boat we fabulous!!! Best Cajun Bloody Mary & Pina Colada I have ever had!!!

Skiatook, OK
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Riverboat Tours

We go to New Orleans every fall with a group of friends. We did the Steamboat Natchez afternoon cruise on our last trip. We had the option of doing lunch on the boat which we did not do, but it looked delicious!!!! It was a nice relaxing cruise that enables you to see sites and hear history that you do not see & hear outside of the Quater. We loved it and are going to do the night cruise this fall. The drinks on the boat we fabulous!!! Best Cajun Bloody Mary & Pina Colada I have ever had!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
215 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riverboat Tours

We printed coupons from www.neworleansonline.com

The coupons took $3 off each admission-up to 4 people I believe.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riverboat Tours

Make sure you book on the Natchez. Some dislike it because the lakeside bank is nothing but warehouses.

But if you concentrate on the river itself (at the waterline) and the stern wheel and it's contrivances, and opt for a Cajun Mary (with a spiced bean), and imagine you are on a cotton boat in the late 19th century, and you'll enjoy the hour and a half as much as I did.

Arrive early and enjoy the pageantry and pleasure of the calliope prior to departure.

7. Re: Riverboat Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 27, 2009