We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late September ....is it still humid???

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Topic
Late September ....is it still humid???

We will be vacationing in NO the last week of Sept. I'm hoping that the humidity will not be so bad at that time of year. Heat I can take (if it's DRY)....so what can we expect weather wise?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late September ....is it still humid???

Well, unless there's a hurricane in the offing then, the humidity should be a lot more tolerable. it will surely be less than it is now. There is H2o surrounding my home, the only difference between walking out my door and being in a steam room is visibility. I am able to see outside, but there's no point in drying off after showering, LOL!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late September ....is it still humid???

Late September can be an "either" time. Last year, it was very hot at the end of September. In 2003 it wasn't bad at all. So, I guess the short answer is to expect warm (not hot) humidity. It almost certainly won't be dry as it's rarely below 50% humidity on the gulf coast.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late September ....is it still humid???

Hi RenoRed. Keep in mind who you're talking to -- those are locals who have a different perspective on humidity. I grew up in New Orleans and now live in San Jose -- it is still quite humid in September in N.O. compared with what you are used to here in the Bay Area (where I almost never find it humid). So be prepared -- it won't be sizzling like July but likely to more hot/humid than you are used to.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Late September ....is it still humid???

SJmom....thank you!! I had a feeling that I would end up sweating like a pig. I really don't like humidity...feel so sticky and wet all the time! Thank God the Bay Area has blessed us with such good weather. Question: How do those people in NO survive in coat and tie will all that humidity???

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late September ....is it still humid???

Due to the fact that I am not a coat & tie wearing type of gal, I can't answer that one. However, I can tell you that any type of synthetic material, long sleeves and pantyhose all conspire to make my comfort zone rather narrow and are, therefore, a thing of the past,LOL.

J&S
Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
201 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late September ....is it still humid???

lived in New Orleans for a number of years...September can certainly be toasty and humid. The key is to take it slow and drink lots of refreshing iced tea. We drink it year round, breakfast, lunch and dinner... you get used to it. sure beats the bitter cold here in michigan.