We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're here!

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
We're here!

Arrived in NO last night from DC. Thought we were home when I woke up to rain! Went on a city tour today to get our bearings, and it was an ideal thing to do in the wet. Having a ball, and the Omni is great..we joined the Select Guest programme and we got a balcony room..watched the fireworks last night from it. Thanks for the tips before we left, it certainly is a great place.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We're here!

Welcome Daisiegee!

I hope the rain leaves soon. Have a WONDERFUL visit!

loveNola

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
522 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We're here!

Welcome! I'm sorry you're having such lousy weather, but it sounds like you're making the best of it.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We're here!

Glad you like the Omni. I missed the fireworks but heard them! I was tired from the quick Canada trip, I guess. Sad thing is that I can see them from my upstairs balcony and was just too lazy to do it.

Let's hope this storm Cindy is as nice as she can be! :-)

DC
Level Contributor
794 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: We're here!

Hiya Daisiegee~

I hope I don't come off like a stalker, following your exploits across country and all that. I just wanted to drop a line and say I hope you enjoy New Orleans and that I hope the big storm doesn't screw things up too much for you.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Dev

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We're here!

Daisiegee,

Well tropical storm Cindy has left the area. Isn't it a beautiful day? Get out there and enjoy!

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We're here!

Dev...Having a fantastic time! Even the rain didn't spoil things, I'm on holiday, I don't care...Beautiful day yesterday, we went on a swamp tour and it ended up having only 4 on it so it was extra personal and brilliant. This is a great city, I'm so pleased we came here. The people are amazing. Well done all you locals, you know how to make visitors welcome. Having said that, I have never felt out of place anywhere in the USA.

We only have till Saturday as we're off to Toronto then for a few days before flying home, so we're going to make the most of it.

See you on the Toronto forum Dev? It's great knowing someone is interested in my incessant ramblings.

Everyone have a good day.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We're here!

Daisee,

So glad you're having fun and like NOLA. Looks like your timing, as far as the weather is concerned, was just perfect. I'm sure many are interested in what you have to say and you're not an "incessant rambler",LOL.

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We're here!

loveNola...Thankyou! Now a question....any recommended camera shops to transfer digital images onto CD? I've seen a few around on Decatur and Canal, but would rather go to a recommended dealer. Thanks anyone for help.

DC
Level Contributor
794 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: We're here!

Hiya Daisegee~

I'll have to check into the Toronto board to keep up with the rest of your trip (I'm a nosy little bugger). If you have time, there are a lot of cute litte Antique shops and Junque shops on Queen Street. I ususally stay down that way at the Hotel Alexandra. Cheap, but then so am I.

Cheers,

Dev

Ont
Level Contributor
477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We're here!

glad you had a great time in NO, I was just there in June, welcome to Ontario, hopefully you won't have any problems with rain here, we have had very little this year. Prob see you on the TO board later.