We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriot New Orleans - Good Stay?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
1 post
Save Topic
Marriot New Orleans - Good Stay?

Anyone have any opinions of this hotel on 555 Canal St?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriot New Orleans - Good Stay?

Typical Marriott. Nice smallish rooms with decent service but nothing extraordinary. The hotel is remarkably ugly on the outside, in my opinion (70s highrise architecture). Location is good on the French Quarter side of Canal and close to the river.

I don't know about noise. I'd assume if your room is high enough in the towers, you'd be fine. (Canal can get plenty busy at all hours of the day with buses, cars, streetcars, drunks, etc.)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriot New Orleans - Good Stay?

Just like any other Marriott in any other city. Accommodations are OK, but if it's New Orleans ambience you seek, you won't find it there.

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriot New Orleans - Good Stay?

If you want or are looking for something speciffic let us know.

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
571 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriot New Orleans - Good Stay?

I just stayed there about a week ago and I really enjoyed my stay. I personally like the amenities you get for the price and the location is excellent. The hotel has two towers, river and quarter, so definitely request a riverview room (the view is awesome) in the river tower. The rooms ending in even numbers are river view, while the rooms ending in odd numbers are city view. FYI, the king rooms are smaller than the double rooms. Overall, the service was fine and outside of having to get a new room key made on the first day (my girlfriend's key worked) we didn't encounter any problems.