We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

priceline

Daytona
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
priceline

Has anybody booked the omni royal,ritz carlton or maison orleans thru priceline? If so what did you pay per night?Am I correct that these are the only 5 star hotels in the french quarter?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
522 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: priceline

There's a discussion of Priceline and N.O. hotels in the thread titled "Two 20 somethings in New Orleans".

Luling, LA
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: priceline

go to biddingfortravel.com

click on Hotels, their is a bidding assistance form you can submit for guidence on your bid.

you can also click on state/city and see the bids of other users

I use priceline for FQ 4* and usually get the Marriott on Canal for $50 to $75.

GOOD LUCK

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: priceline

I got the Royal once for $75 a night. I have the Bourbon Orleans For the 4th-7th for $50 per night. Alot depends on when it is and what's going on at the time. NO is suppose to be thew convention capital of the U.S. now. I would imagine that a $100 bid would put you in one of the above if it is at a slow or slower time. Click my name and see some of my replys concerning the same question.

Daytona
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: priceline

Thanks for the help everybody!

Frisco (Dallas), TX
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: priceline

Never done Priceline before for NOLA. Always too scared they'd put me some where in a bad location. Good luck!

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: priceline

Priceline has guide line for the hotels that they will sponser. I have used it numerous times in NO with any ill affects. If I did get a room that I was unhappy with the hotel worked to help me, (only once and they put me in a top of the line room for $50 a night).

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: priceline

Also if you have used priceline in the past you know that you have to choose the "I'll except anything" (all the lowest choices) before you get to the questionable choices.

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
406 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: priceline

I've used it twice for New Orleans and will not use it again. Have always gotten what seemed to be the worst room at a hotel I didn't really care to stay at. I got the Hyatt once, which at the time was being listed as a 4 star hotel -- that might have changed however, and the W French Quarter. The Hyatt was a 2.5 star hotel (3 at best) and not exactly where I wanted to stay (yes, it's in the CBD but it is a long walk to the FQ from that section of the CBD). Also, the room at the Hyatt was pretty pisspoor. The W was ok, but not as nice as other W's I've stayed at and the room we received seemed like a "priceline room" - i.e. small and cramped. When I stay in New Orleans now I almost always book directly through the hotel I intend to stay at to ensure that I get the room type that I desire.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: priceline

Milhouse, I've heard that from other people, too.

If you just want cheap (and there's a time and place for that, perhaps) then use Priceline.

Otherwise, do your research and find the best deals at hotels or B&Bs in which you WANT to stay! Makes the vacation much more pleasant.

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: priceline

As I said earlier I have always been lucky with Priceline. It will save you about 70% at the most. Good rooms can be found for good rates other than priceline if you don't mind the "leg work". Doing it without using priceline will eliminate most , not all, of gamble you take when booking a room. There are a lot of B&B's that are worth considering.