We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To CajunWave--wondering what residents of Vieux Carre think...

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
To CajunWave--wondering what residents of Vieux Carre think...

Hello, CajunWave.

I read the Times Picayune on-line daily, and came across this article. Read it through with growing amazement. Wondering you take on the incident and the events prompting it.

www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To CajunWave--wondering what residents of Vieux Carre think...

I know as much as you and only from what I've read in the paper.

I will say that French Quarter residents are getting increasingly "fed up" with the deteriorating quality of life in the neighborhood. NOPD's "quality of life" program from a few years ago has largely gone by the wayside and the "nuisance crimes" are no longer targeted like they once were.

I realize the poor tourist just made a wrong turn but I also know how agitated locals get when buses or large RVs rumble through the historic areas despite the many "no trucks" signs.

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To CajunWave--wondering what residents of Vieux Carre think...

Thanks, CajunWave, for your speedy response.

You and every other resident DESERVE quality of life. Any inconveniences imposed on y'all simply because you've chosen

to live in a desirable "visitor" destination, should always be minimized by ordinances. Your home. You rule.

I'm hoping that everyone in that incident apologizes to everyone else. But still can't understand why anyone, who's not a resident of the FQ would try to drive there--delivery drivers excepted.

Peace.