We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Monterey
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Trip Report

Spent 5/20-5/24 in this awesome city! Just wanted to post for those who may be planning a trip...go for it! First night stayed @ a wonderful B&B...Maison Dubois we site www.maisondubois.net. Ate @ Port Of Call...Big Burgers!

Sat took a city tour with Tours by Isabelle, web site www.toursbyisabelle.com. This was the perfect thing to do the first day cause it really gave us an idea of where everything was from the French Quarter to The Garden District etc. and it helped us figure out where we could walk and where we would have to take the "Streetcar" It was a great tour! Lunch at Napolean's Cafe..had a local Dixie beer. We left the kid's at home (California) but for some reason ended up at the Audubon Zoo. So glad we went. It was fun! Rode the street car back to the French Quarter. Dinner @ Florella's. They weren't kidding when they said the fried chicken was the best!

BOURBON STREET=interesting....and if DEKE is reading this yes I did stop at Fritzel's and had an Abita Amber. Cool little bar. Cool band. Ah, then back to the B&B to soak in the salt water pool.

Sun took a Cajun Pride swamp tour. Loved the Spanish Moss and the alligators. Birthday dinner at Dic*ie Brennan's Thanks Cajun Wave for the info. It was such a great place. Monday we took a voodoo tour with a very reputable tour co w/ Historic New orleans. This was like a cool class field trip. Learned alot without the drama. Lunch at Mother's. The ham po' boys where out of this world! Took a haunted Garden District tour w/ Haunted History Tours. This was pretty cool. Chose this tour cause the Garden District is a "must see".

Unfortunatley, Tues we had to catch a mid day flight but not without a cup of "black" coffee and a plate of beignets @ Cafe Du monde. Yummy! To, LoveNola....thanks for the info on Santa's Quarters...found everyone something special!

So.....................like I said go for it. We found several little quiet spots like down by the river to just sit and relax. We found the City park to be great with it's sculptures and Congo square was nice too. We even rode the ferry for S & giggles So many different things to do. BUT MAN WAS IT HOT!

Texas
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

So glad to hear yo uall had a great time!! You almost need a week or 2 to do everythign the city has to offer!!

I leave out tomorrow morning and hopefully the rain will keep away for a day or so..

Ont
Level Contributor
477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

glad you had a good time, did you get much rain?

3 more days till I arrive in NO!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

rdy4vacation,

I am so glad you liked Santa's Quarters and Mother's. My office is across the street from Mother's, ( love the ham! ) Did you happen to be at Mother's any of the days that filming Big Mama"s House 2 was going on? I walked out of my office building and smack dab into the middle of it. Eat at Port O Call often. Isabelle (tour) is a nice lady. Your trip report is AWSOME. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit. Stay well and please come back soon.

Monterey
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

Expecting a trip report from danielleInTexas & a weather report. One from Tessky too. Hope you have as much fun as I did. I just really enjoyed the city. I wish I would have planned a few more days there to do a couple more things. Would have like the discover Frenchmen Street for the classy jazz and I would have loved to spend more time @ the Botanical garden and maybe see a plantation or 2. We could have went to Magazine street....ah...Next time we will stay longer..good then we can try more more restaurants cause I didn't get enough of the wonderful food. LoveNola....missed the Big Mama 2 filming thing....I wonder if the cast/crew may have went across the street to eat at Mother's... that would have been "fitting"ha ha. You give such wonderful advise.....many return visitors I'm sure. Happy travels.

Monterey
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

Last post....I swear I haven't been drinking...I meant to say I wish we could have discovered Frenchmen street. Wow I've been on the computer too long.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

rdy4,

Thank you for the compliment, I look forward to Trip Report. Can't please everyone, but do my best to be honest and thorough to help facilitate a nice trip for all. So glad you enjoyed what I now call home, I am SO enamoured by this city. Hope you come back soon. Been to CA a few times, but have SO much more to see. Are you northern, southern, in between?

East Coast
Level Contributor
711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report

Awesome!

Thanks for the great trip report!

Lemme tell ya, when it's hot in NOLA... it is H-O-T! ;D Like jungle hot!

Really glad you had such a good time!

Monterey
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report

LoveNola.... I'm from Monterey.... 2 hours south of San Fran & 6 hours north of Los Angeles. Clint Eastwood "Dirty Harry" lives here. Been helping visitors on the forum in my neck of the woods. Thanks again for the advice.