We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gas prices

Texas
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Topic
Gas prices

Our trip is in 9 days.. Can't wait!! What's gas pices like in the wonderful state of LA?? Here it's about $1.86 for regular... I was trying to look on a site but it just confused me and gave me a headache...Ha Ha

Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gas prices

$1.86???? Wow -- on Long Island we are at $2.30 for regular!!

Can't help as afr as NO tho...

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gas prices

I just paid $1.94 at Sams Club, which is pretty much the cheapest!

Texas
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gas prices

i saw the 1.86 and flew into the gas station.. the lowest price here in Houston that I have seen.. 1.94 is what we have been paying in a round about amount.. I didn't think there was going to be much of a diffrence just wanted to check..

Thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gas prices

Yesterday I paid $1.95, drove a little bit more and saw a $1.92. Anyone old enough to remember the gas rationing in the early 70's? Sometimes we waited in lines half a block long, now THAT was some fun, Ha!

UK
Level Contributor
155 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gas prices

You guys should come to the UK - the price here is equivalent to $1.58 per litre and there are 3.85 litres to a US gallon so we pay 3 times more than you and its nearly all tax.

That is why we hired a 4.6 litre Cadillac when we visited you a couple of weeks back and laughed at how cheap it was when it cost only $36 to fill it up -

Anyway danielle - the prices I saw in NOLA were all just under or over the $2 gallon mark and the only place I have seen cheaper is where they produce it in that other Gulf in the Middle East.

It probably costs you more in gas to drive those extra miles looking for a couple of cents cheaoer so why worry.

Mentioned in this post
Nola Restaurant
Nola Restaurant
3,343 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
285 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gas prices

I paid $1.87 for regular yesterday. The prices here are generally about what they are in Houston.

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX