We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advanced reservations

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
meo
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
64 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
advanced reservations

My family will be in NOLA this Memorial Day weekend. Are there any tours that are particularly popular that we need to have advanced reservations? We're planning on going on a voodoo tour, a Garden tour and a steamboat river day tour. I've made reservations for the restaurants as I've heard those are sometimes more difficult to get.

Thanks for your help.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advanced reservations

meo,

I sincerely doubt that you'll need advanced reservations for a Voodoo or Garden District tour, you can call the tour company you're planning on dealing with and ask them. Usually, all you need do is show up at the appointed starting place shortly before the start of the tour, but some may require reservations, so give `em a call. I don't know which steamboat you're going on, but if you post the name here, I'll be most happy to check it out for you. I hope you have a fabulous trip to amazing New Orleans.

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advanced reservations

We did the Natchez Riverboat Dinner Tour last September, meo. It was the low-light of our trip. The plusses were the breezes on the Mississippi during the ride, and the classic jazz of the Dukes of Dixieland Band. The cafeteria style dinner was

a true waste of money.

home
Level Contributor
153 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advanced reservations

Check with your concierge at your hotel and they can advise you of the best tours.

Texas
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: advanced reservations

None of the tours I went on needed reservations.I would show up a good 15-20minutes before the tour departure just to be safe

I suggest asking the hotel for the best tour ideas as well..

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advanced reservations

I'm always a little skeptical of hotel concierges. They recommend the companies that pay them a kickback or commission. They may or may not be the best tours.

Balance what he/she says with what you've read online from those of us who don't have any financial connection!

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: advanced reservations

Just last week in the Times-Picayune on line I read a story about a trend in NO hotels "farming" out their Concierge Services to Gray Line. I'd hate to find out that an expert I gave a gratuity to, for a unique service or influence, was actually double-dipping.