We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NOLA restaurant, food suggestions

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna,Virginia
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
NOLA restaurant, food suggestions

I won a dinner at NOLAS and will have the chef at my disposal, I want to pace myself to get the best experience, anyone have suggestions on menu items , must haves?

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NOLA restaurant, food suggestions

Well thats quite an order...I've heard so many good things on various menu items I've never had and those I've had

The gulf oyster & crabmeat appetizer, garlic crusted redfish or grilled fish of the day, followed by the white chocolate-bread pudding would make a nice evening. I've heard the roasted duck is excellent also.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NOLA restaurant, food suggestions

You lucky guy! NOLA is truly a fine restaurant and Susan Spicer is a renowned chef. My menu favorites there are sweetbreads (not everyone's cup of meat, I admit), the bouillabasse, and the briased pork. For dessert, the lemon bombe is fantastic.

Do ask for them to pair a glass of wine with each course. They have a good, moderatley priced selection that will greatly enhance your meal.

Enjoy your trip to New Olreans!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NOLA restaurant, food suggestions

I thought Susan Spicer was with Bayona and Herbsaint but I've been wrong before.

Vienna,Virginia
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NOLA restaurant, food suggestions

The chef will be Michael Ruosso, and I plan on pairing wines since it is included.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NOLA restaurant, food suggestions

OWAH TAN NASS SIAM!

Cajunyank is right! I was raving about Bayona, next time maybe I'll read the question before answering! Sorry about that!

Saint Peters
Level Contributor
496 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NOLA restaurant, food suggestions

For an appetizer, I would recommend Miss Hay's Stuffed Chicken Wings with Homemade Hoisin Dipping Sauce. They are fantastic!!!

7. Re: NOLA restaurant, food suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 09, 2009