We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place d'Armes Hotel/ New Orleans

Fairhope, AL
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Place d'Armes Hotel/ New Orleans

I recently took some European visitors to the Place d' Armes on St. Ann Street in New Orleans for three days. We had requested three rooms on a common courtyard. Our initial impression was poor due to a harried reception clerk and the location of our rooms. However, the supervisor, Mr. Tim Lawrence, was extremely helpful - changing our rooms and being sure we were taken care of in many ways. The staff, with that one exception, was very friendly at all times. This is an excellent property and the location can not be beat as it is just a block from Jackson Square.

My friends, who are world travelers, were very impressed with Mr. Tim Lawrence, the hotel, and wonderful Southern hospitality at it's best.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place d'Armes Hotel/ New Orleans

Place d'Armes is a good budget hotel. One of the best in the city, I think! Glad your guests enjoyed themselves. How you recover from a snafu is as important as anything, I think!

So. Calif.
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Place d'Armes Hotel/ New Orleans

Thanks for this post Wilsons.

I am checking in there on 5/23 and almost all the complaints I've read seem to be about the reception person and not getting the room you reserved.

I've reserved a courtyard balcony room, and I'm going to take Mr. Lawrence's name with me , just in case!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place d'Armes Hotel/ New Orleans

Hi Wilsons...did you end up staying in a balcony room or ground floor courtyard room...we are booked there in August and were wondering whether to request a ground floor courtyard room or balcony room facing the courtyard...I understand some of the rooms have a bit of a sitting area in them?