We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

decision made

Wetaskiwin...
Level Contributor
449 posts
1 review
Save Topic
decision made

Thanks for input on hotel choices. We have decided on Monteleone for week in mid Dec. Got great rate....

NOW, please give me idea of weather at this time of year. Thanks in advance.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: decision made

I love December in New Orleans!

It can be chilly, but "New Orleans chilly" will be small potatoes to a Canadian.

I'd say daytime highs average around 18 C., with the temps dropping to 11 C. at night. Having said that, New Orleans weather is unpredictable at any time of year, so you might suddenly have a 24-degree day, or a 4-degree night. Hedge your bets. Bring sweaters and coats.

Rain comes and goes. December isn't as dry as October and November, but it's nowhere near as wet as the spring and summer months.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,795 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: decision made

Great time of year to visit, there are so many things to do in December, and many of them are free. Now you can do your Christmas shopping in New Orleans. The weather may be warm, cool or cold, or a combination of all three. One year when we were there in December, it was a beautiful 72 days on the day we arrived, and the high the next day was 36. So be prepared for anything.

I'll be there in December, too, but later in the month. Hope you have a great trip!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,680 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: decision made

happyincanada...look in nola.com for holiday festivities as the city has a number of free concerts and events, cooking demonstrations, and christmas characters from new orleans history roaming around. Also the price fixed reveillon meals at many of the restaurants. And hopefully you might get to take part in the big celebration in Jackson Square by candlelight and singing carols. Its a great time to be in the city. Make sure you check to see if the Monteleone is giving you the special 'papa noel' rate.

4. Re: decision made

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 05, 2009