We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must have dining near Cambria Hotel

Glendale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
52 reviews
67 helpful votes
Must have dining near Cambria Hotel

I will be staying at the Cambria in February. We will definitely make the walk to Cafe Du Monde for breakfast - what other dining is near the Cambria and the convention center? We will need lunch options for fast easy options nearby. There will be 15,000 people at the conference so we can walk a little away to avoid the lunch and dinner rush.

14 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
60,407 posts
2,167 reviews
1,885 helpful votes
1. Re: Must have dining near Cambria Hotel

Dining for 15,000 will be tough.

If you have not booked, say the Mercedes SuperDome, and a major catering service, I think that you will be totally out of luck.

No restaurant in NOLA can accommodate 15,000.

Sorry,

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
60,407 posts
2,167 reviews
1,885 helpful votes
2. Re: Must have dining near Cambria Hotel

Just out of curiosity, is there any dining venue in Cabo, which can handle 15,000?

Same question for Nayac, or Chicago.

Are you just that late in trying to accommodate such a mass of folk?

Get a major event planner involved, and sooner, rather than later.

You will need them, and badly.

Hunt

Glendale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
52 reviews
67 helpful votes
3. Re: Must have dining near Cambria Hotel

I don’t think you’re understanding - it’s already planned, it’s a huge convention, I’m just one guest trying to plan MY agenda, I’m just asking what dining is nearby the convention center and Cambria. New Orleans has hosted this event in several years in the past also so I know New Orleans is large enough to accommodate it.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
60,407 posts
2,167 reviews
1,885 helpful votes
4. Re: Must have dining near Cambria Hotel

Oh, so the mention of 15,000 was not important to your desires, but you mentioned that for some unknown reason?

I will let others work with you then, as I am too confused by your repeated questions, tone of any help.

Hunt

Glendale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
52 reviews
67 helpful votes
5. Re: Must have dining near Cambria Hotel

Hunt,

Again, just stating what I’ll be in town for and looking for recommendations for my personal trip. I’m sorry my posts have caused confusion.

My mention of how many people are at this event is to give perspective that this area will be very congested so looking for places and things to do that might be off the beaten path of the convention center crowd.

Hopefully someone else can respond to my questions without the confusion.

Regards

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
43,770 posts
675 reviews
202 helpful votes
6. Re: Must have dining near Cambria Hotel

How much time will you have for dining?

Glendale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
52 reviews
67 helpful votes
7. Re: Must have dining near Cambria Hotel

In the evening we will be pretty free. Lunches not much but I think should have food court type of setups at the convention center for us so if we can’t get away we can grab something. On Saturday we are free the whole day before it starts though!

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
8. Re: Must have dining near Cambria Hotel

Legacy Kitchen, Lucy's Retired Surfer's Bar, Meril, Cochon Butcher's, St James Cheese Company, Peche, Carmo, Auction Food Hall, plus many more.

Edited: 6:40 am, January 22, 2019
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
502 posts
12 reviews
7 helpful votes
9. Re: Must have dining near Cambria Hotel

Most attendees will probably be heading into the French Quarter. So, your best bet is to go to the Warehouse District or CBD. SoDakMac listed several restaurants in this area (there are many)- here’s some more: Couvant (French bistro), Maypop ( pan Asian-local fusion) , Herbsaint ( updated Creole), Marcello’s ( Italian), Tommy’s Cuisine (Italian with local touches), Compere Latin ( Caribbean), Chop House (steak), La Boca ( Argentinian Steak), Seaworthy (Seafood), Willa Jean (bakery/brunch/lunch), Emeril’s. Reservations are usually needed at all these places.

Kent, Washington
Level Contributor
980 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Must have dining near Cambria Hotel

So mad that I didn't make it to Maypop (or sister restaurant, Mopho's). Saw one of the owners on Food Network doing weird BBQ stuff the day after I got back. Next time!

Reply to: Must have dining near Cambria Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted