We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Passes? First trip for birthday.

Media, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
City Passes? First trip for birthday.

I'm planning my first Nola trip for my 21st birthday, the first week in July. I'm coming with my boyfriend and my parents, and I'm quite excited.

Are there any type of city "go" passes/ hop on, hop off? For instance, there's the Boston "Go" Pass, which gives you transportation, and admission in to places, and you kinda have the flex. to chose what you want to do.

I ask, because we're planning on flying in, and not renting a car. So, I want to make sure we'll be able to get around from our hotel in the FQ.

Any other 21st Birthday/ Fourth of July week tips are greatly appreciated :)

Thank you!!!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
4 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: City Passes? First trip for birthday.

I guess I'm just used to the surround version of the IMAX. I've never seen the smaller, rectangular version before. We felt that "Hurricane on the Bayou," while interesting and informative, just wasn't worthy of an IMAX viewing. I went in expecting a NOVA type of documentary with lots of expansive nature shots and CGI special effects that would make me hold my breath or duck out of the way. So naturally, I was disappointed when the story centered around a teenage girl in an After-School Special fashion.

I've seen 'Sharks' in a surround IMAX and liked it very much. The other offering while I was there was a showing of the feature film, "300." Both worthy of the IMAX format IMO.

We loved just about everything about New Orleans and hope to return soon. It's one of our new all-time fave cities! The Power Pass was a great way to sample a wide variety of attractions and whet our appetite for more.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
4 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: City Passes? First trip for birthday.

Oh, I should add that 'Hurricane of the Bayou" DID have some CGI effects and wide angle shots...just not enough of them.

13. Re: City Passes? First trip for birthday.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 03, 2009