We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in the Big Easy

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BLOOMINGTON, IN
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Breakfast in the Big Easy

Elizabeth's (located in Bywater) has PRALINE CRUSTED BACON!

and Duck hashbrown's. Need I say more - amore!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in the Big Easy

Our last trip to Elizabeth's was a real disappointment. Elizabeth's was sold some time ago, and the food there wasn't what it used to be. The praline encrusted bacon was still good, but the grits and grillades, which used to be the best around, weren't very good. The "grillades" had been changed from shredded beef to hamburger patties..

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in the Big Easy

I have to agree with Rod on this one. I used to love Elizabeth's but it's a shadow of its former self.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
103 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in the Big Easy

I live in the neighborhood and eat at Elizabeth's regularly. I love it. They have remodeled post-Katrina and have a nice upstairs bar. They serve the biggest mimosas in town. The praline bacon is amazing....and their fried green tomatoes...and their breakfast po-boy!

Stonington
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in the Big Easy

Hummm.... a male friend of mine tells me there's a place - down an alley - where he had the greatest breakfast EVER. (Ever??)

From his description, it sounds like an out-of-the-way place.

Anyone possibly have any ideas?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in the Big Easy

Elizabeth's : big portions, crappy service.

Like others, I used to go often but rarely do now. It's not as crowded as it used to be, either, so I think others must think the same way.

6. Re: Breakfast in the Big Easy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:24 am, September 01, 2009