We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother's Day at the Zoo

Seattle Area
Level Contributor
371 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Mother's Day at the Zoo

I grew up in Mandeville and went to college in New Orleans. Through the years, my parents and I would go to the zoo for Mother's Day. I looked up the info on the zoo's website and only saw that they have Mother's Day listed on Sunday. They have no details. Do they still have live entertainment, like Irma Thomas? I am flying home for a week. Any other ideas on what would be good for a five year old girl to do with her mom and her granny?

Thanks

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mother's Day at the Zoo

There's always the Aquarium, Imax, mule and buggy rides around the quarter, ferry to Algiers to visit Mardi Gras World, and Cafe DuMonde does have chocolate milk or orange juice also. The childrens museum used to be real good but I haven't heard anything on it in awhile.

2. Re: Mother's Day at the Zoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 31, 2009