We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar/Restaurant for after a parade

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bar/Restaurant for after a parade

Coming to NOLA in August for my 30th. I'm organizing a second line parade and am looking for a place for drinks/food after the parade. Haven't set the route yet, so location is somewhat flexible. Challenge here is that my parade has grown and there will be about 30 people. I was thinking a bar might be easiest so people can split in to their own smaller groups. Not looking to all sit together or have a group meal, just a place we can all get in to. Any suggestions? It'll be around 5:30 on a Friday afternoon.

Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
los angeles
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar/Restaurant for after a parade

My trips to New Orleans in August have had a little rain everyday, so an idea for your second line is to make sure everyone has an umbrella, maybe you can buy inexpensive ones and decorate them. If you look at some videos of second line parades, you will see what I mean.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar/Restaurant for after a parade

If your route is in the Marigny, you might try Dragons Den? They aren’t very crowded in the afternoon and have a patio. You also might try Harry’s Corner on Chartres in the Quarter, it’s a little more popular so you might want to give them a shout....

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar/Restaurant for after a parade

Thank you very much! I'll check them both out.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar/Restaurant for after a parade

A lot of second lines end at Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop in the French Quarter. Another spot with a courtyard is MRB on St Philip St between Decatur and Chartres and they do have food.

Edited: 2:39 pm, March 20, 2018
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar/Restaurant for after a parade

MRB is a great call! Same with the Blacksmith shop.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
57 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar/Restaurant for after a parade

Just make sure that wherever you choose, you let the bar/restaurant know in advance. Many local places only have one bartender on staff and if they don't know you're coming,the bartender will be understaffed.

Edited: 4:54 pm, March 21, 2018
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,619 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar/Restaurant for after a parade

It will be insufferably hot. Don't worry about a place with outdoor seating, your guests will be pining for AC.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar/Restaurant for after a parade

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll check out the bars. Yes, I've been warning everyone it's going to be crazy hot, they keep wanting to come though!

Reply to: Bar/Restaurant for after a parade
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted