We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking to Bourbon Street

Fort Worth
1 post
Save Topic
walking to Bourbon Street

We have been traveling to NO each summer for the last 4 years. We usually stay at the Ramada on Bourbon to avoid having to stumble far to reach our hotel. However, this year we are staying at the Doubletree across Canal. I would like to know if anyone has had any problems walking back after a long night on Bourbon. Any responses would be appreciated.

morgan city, la
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: walking to Bourbon Street

we go to the french quarter often...we did have some guys try to jump us once but it was around 4 am and we took a less travelled road we were with a group of 4 couples so we figured we were safe .i'd suggest walking down canal if you are returning really late..if i go with just ladies ,we catch a cab...

MS
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: walking to Bourbon Street

definitely take a cab - no reason to worry about getting back to the hotel

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
613 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking to Bourbon Street

Canal St. from Bourbon St. to the Doubletree hotel is well traveled and busy at all hours of the night. It is only 4 blocks to walk and I think it is very safe. My friend and I stayed at the Doubletree and we walked from Bourbon St. back to the hotel at 3 AM on Canal St. It was well lit and safe. Stay on Canal St.

Memphis
Level Contributor
675 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking to Bourbon Street

I've walked to the superdome area in a drunken stuper at 3 a.m. before. not a problem. I am a guy and have done it in groups, but i wouldn't see a problem with anything along Canal street.