We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I find the best blues?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
Where can I find the best blues?

I will be visiting NO in early May and staying at the Country Inn Suites near the Fquarter. Being a huge fan of the blues, can anyone recommend places within walking distance of the quarter?

arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I find the best blues?

The House of Blues on Decatur often has great blues acts in its smaller next door venue, The Parish. If you go to the HOB, they have a huge board outside listing their concert schedule.

Tipitina's is another great venue. Their acts represent a wide spectrum of music genres. They actually have two locations, so make sure you you pay attention to which location a show is at. Go to www.tipitinas.com for more info.

My favorite way to hear great blues in NO is to just walk down the streets in the Quarter and listen to all the music pouring out of the bars. When I hear a sound I like, I just go in! Many bars charge no cover, but some do require a drink minimum.

Depending on the dates of your trips, you might catch some of the Jazz Fest. Don't let the name fool you -- they have all kinds of bands there. Go to www.nojazzfest.com for info.

Honestly, you'd have to work hard to avod good blues on your trip.

arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I find the best blues?

The House of Blues often has great shows in it's smaller venue just next door, called The Parish. If you go to the HOB on Decatur, there is a large board outside listing all shows. Tipitina's has great bands playing a variety of music. Tip's has two venues, so make sure you check schedules for both. www.tipitinas.com

My favorite way to hear blues in NO is to simply wander the streets, listening to the wide array of music pouring out of all the bars. I just go inside when I hear somehting I like! Many bars charge no cover, but do require a drink minimum.

You'd find it difficult to avoid good blues on your trip.