We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants open easter? Not interested in brunch menu

Maine
Level Contributor
112 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants open easter? Not interested in brunch menu

My plane arrives Easter Sunday, mid-morning, and I won't see my friends until late that night. I want to eat some great New Orleans food - lunch and dinner, but I want to avoid special easter brunch menus. What's open this Sunday, that has great food all the time? Thanks

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants open easter? Not interested in brunch menu

Where are you staying?

Maine
Level Contributor
112 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants open easter? Not interested in brunch menu

Omni Royal - thanks

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,219 posts
1,742 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants open easter? Not interested in brunch menu

I would look on OpenTable, to see what is open, during your time. Then, omit all with a Brunch.

Good luck,

Hunt

Florida
Level Contributor
335 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants open easter? Not interested in brunch menu

Can't help with the menu question, but you can check Open Table to see restaurants that are open and then inquire individually with the ones in which you would have interest.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants open easter? Not interested in brunch menu

Most of the traditional "old line" restaurants serve "jazz brunch" every Sunday. Brennan's serves "Breakfast & Lunch" at the same time every day; not sure how that differs from brunch.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants open easter? Not interested in brunch menu

The following article/listing might be helpful:

https://nomenu.com/?page_id=51033

los angeles
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants open easter? Not interested in brunch menu

I use OpenTable all the time, even the day of. I think this is a good resource for you. Short of just walking the Quarter and looking at what's open. I really recommend, OpenTable.

Edited: 5:08 am, April 12, 2017
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants open easter? Not interested in brunch menu

Some restaurants open on any given Sunday offer only brunch at mid-day, but most have non-brunch items on their menu as well. You'll have to do some research to find out if a limited menu is being served on Easter Sunday but I don't think that you'll encounter that often in NO. Keep in mind that popular places will fill up fast if they haven't already. You will probably need a reservation although some places reserve seats at the bar for solo diners. A few places to consider in the FQ: Palace Café, Tableau, NOLA, Muriel's and outside the FQ: Luke, Domenica, Trenasse, Peche.

Hungerford, United...
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurants open easter? Not interested in brunch menu

Muriels is offering a brunch menu, but it does say does say dishes would also be available a la carte.

los angeles
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurants open easter? Not interested in brunch menu

Trenasse in the Intercontinental Hotel on St Charles in the CBD. Great food. Check it out.