We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I love San Juanillo, picturesque and quiet

Toronto
Level Contributor
74 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
I love San Juanillo, picturesque and quiet

just came back from 5 days in beautiful San Juanillo. Took an atv (less than 1 hour in early December)with all our luggage from Playa Guiones to Hacienda del Cielo. Great stay and view from Cielo, rode down to the beach everyday which is partially protected so better than some of the other beaches for swimming since only minor rips.

There were still a couple of surfers able to catch waves riding into the cove shaped beach. Great beach for chilling out.

Anyway, Jorgelina still offering incredible restorative massage there. To reach her go through www.haciendadelcielo.com or jorvissani@yahoo.com.ar

Would not stay here if traveling solo unless you really like quiet peacefulness. Great for couple or group.

I will come back here!

San Juanillo is were people "get away" from the touristas. There are still some great restaurants like Puntas India and Bahia (great pizza).

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,434 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I love San Juanillo, picturesque and quiet

Thank you...I will have to check the place in my next drive to the area!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I love San Juanillo, picturesque and quiet

Hi-I am thinking of going to San Juanillo in April. Coming from New York,I'm assuming I fly into LIberia Airport? And then from there, how far is it to San Juanillo and how do I get there? Or do I fly into San Jose then fly Sansa to a small airport closer to San Juanillo?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,434 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I love San Juanillo, picturesque and quiet

I can not give you any answer about San Juanillo...but about the International air fares and domestic connections I may like to try...

Easier for you to fly into LIR but more money...fly to San Jose and fly Sansa..to Liberia and rent a car from there...check with domestic airline...if by the time you are planning to be here...if they are flying to Nosara that is the best place for you to fly!

roadadvisor

Toronto
Level Contributor
74 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I love San Juanillo, picturesque and quiet

If you can get a direct flight to Liberia drive is much shorter. There are daily Sansa/Nature Air flights San Jose to Nosara but these only really work depending on international flight time arrival-time line has never really worked for me. Be sure to have dinner at La Bahia when you go to San Juanillo (I've posted some pictures under the restaurant section). I'll be back to San Juanillo myself next weekend. Going by atv from Playa Guiones, its an easy 1 hour drive between Guiones and San Juanillo.

5. Re: I love San Juanillo, picturesque and quiet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 24, 2010
Get answers to your questions about San Juanillo
More San Juanillo Topics