We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for the Ohio St. vs Badgers Football Game - 10/16

Which Madison hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Parking for the Ohio St. vs Badgers Football Game - 10/16

I'm coming into town this weekend for the Badger game and i'm wondering where the best spot is to park. We were thinking of just parking in the parking garage up by state street so we can hang out there before the game and then just walk to the stadium but just wondering if there are better options.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,258 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for the Ohio St. vs Badgers Football Game - 10/16

There are places to park everywhere, including people's yards. Expect to pay $ 20 or $30 depending how close you want to get to Camp Randall. The city garages near State Street are good alternatives if you don't mind walking to the stadium from there and you get there early enough. I think the parking rates are cheaper in the city lots than the jacked up private lots.

We usually park on or near Regent Street close to Cam Randall. There are lots of bars in the area for pre game parties. Of course the 6pm start time will make things different than those 11 am games.

I expect roads will be jammed after the game with people leaving sooner than they would for an early game.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
930 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for the Ohio St. vs Badgers Football Game - 10/16

Yes, it definitely depends on where you want to be AFTER the game. If you are staying overnight downtown, the State and Lake Street ramps would be a very good option. If you want to head back to Chicago after the game, you may want to park south of the stadium, to allow easier access to the interstate.

You should be able to find street parking south of Vilas Avenue, for example, which would allow for easy access to Park Street and 12/18 to the interstate after the game, or after you have had enough of the game!

As przyk has said, it will NOT be pretty to drive anywhere downtown from the 4th quarter on, especially if the game is a blowout. Good luck!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,495 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for the Ohio St. vs Badgers Football Game - 10/16

We always park at what my husband calls the Lake St ramp--it's between State & University, Lake & Frances. It's cheap, and we enjoy walking to/from the game. We like to stay for the 5th quarter and walk back with the band. We met as UW students in 1967, and got married two weeks after graduation, so it's romantic and nostaglic to be in Madison.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,219 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking for the Ohio St. vs Badgers Football Game - 10/16

Hope you were a Badger fan! What a great game and, I suspect, resultant celebration on State Street.

Tom (UW '74)

5. Re: Parking for the Ohio St. vs Badgers Football Game - 10/16

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 16, 2011