We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Visit

Chicago
Level Contributor
29 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Summer Visit

My wife and I will be visiting Madison for the first time over memorial day. We only have two days. Here's what I've planned, State Capitol, State Street, Farmers Market, Ice age national trail. Which is nicer to visit, Olbrich gardens or U of W arboretum? Any other attractions I should check out?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer Visit

If it's a nice day, then I would go to the Arboretum. There are lots of trails and its an interesting overview of environments in Wisconsin. When you are on State Street go all the way to the end and get an Ice Cream Cone at the Memorial Union. If you feel the urge for a Brat the twice a year Brat Fest is at the Alliant Center. Also, WisCon, a feminist science fiction convention is at the Concourse this weekend, but you have to register to attend. Pam

Mentioned in this post
Wisconsin
Wisconsin
United States
Chicago
Level Contributor
29 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer Visit

Thanks for your help Pam. Will I need reservations for breakfast at Marigold Kitchen on Sunday morning?

Mentioned in this post
Marigold Kitchen
Marigold Kitchen
352 Reviews
Madison, WI
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer Visit

I've not tried to eat there on Sunday AM so i can't say. If you have your heart set on it, why not just make one. ; )

4. Re: Summer Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:28 am, November 24, 2010