We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April 16th & 17th....something going on??

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
April 16th & 17th....something going on??

Does anyone know if there is something going on the 16th & 17th of April? It seems that some of the hotels I've been looking to stay at are booked. Would it be better to come the following weekend? Thanks for any help.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
954 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April 16th & 17th....something going on??

If you're trying to stay downtown, my hotel people tell me that it's the UW spring band concert. This event ties up lots of rooms, between all the band family members and band alums who come back year after year.

It's also the Wisconsin Film Festival, which ties up lots of hotel rooms as well.

I've had to move some people on Friday morning to a different hotel because of these events. They will tie up restaurants and parking ramps, too.

So, yes, my advice is, if you have other options, you might want to try a different weekend.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April 16th & 17th....something going on??

There is also a Madison Symphony Concert that weekend, the Midwest Horse Fair at the Alliant Center, Badger Sports Kids Fair on Saturday, a Gourd Jewelry at the Olbrich Botanical Gardens and the UW Spring Football Games. Yikes, we're a hopping town next week. I second the advice to try for another week end if you can. Pam

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April 16th & 17th....something going on??

Thanks so much!! I think we will try for the following weekend.

4. Re: April 16th & 17th....something going on??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 06, 2010