We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels that welcome pets

Stillwate, mn.
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotels that welcome pets

Which Madison or chain hotel/motel welcomes pets? Has the experience been positive.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
949 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels that welcome pets

I have had guests stay with their dogs at both the Edgewater downtown and the Clarion Suites on the south side.

Both hotels had desk clerks that enjoyed dogs, and the maids were very good with animals, too.

If you need somewhere to run a dog, the Clarion is a better choice, because it is in a more suburban setting, and there is a park nearby where dogs are allowed to run free.

The Edgewater is at the start of fraternity row, so you can walk pets, but you would need to clean up after them and be alert while walking them on a leash.

Stillwate, mn.
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels that welcome pets

Thank you so much for your response. I did find a pet friendly site for motels/hotels. We will be staying at the Wyngate by Wyndam off !-90 on hgwy 12/18. Their fee was only $10.00 vs $25.00 for the other hotels. The Crowne Plaza also takes dogs. Both hotel staff were really helpful and pleasant on the phone. Hopefully the experience will be as well.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
949 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels that welcome pets

That's good to know - thanks for filling me in. The Wyngate is also is a rural area, so you should be able to run a dog off-leash there, as well.

I hope you enjoy your visit!

Stillwate, mn.
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels that welcome pets

Appreciate your input. We love Madison but have not traveled with our dog before-so this is a new thing for us. Do you know any pubs/restaurants that allow dogs? I know that's pretty progressive, but some do have outside facilities.Thanks again for your input.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
949 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels that welcome pets

There are actually several on State Street and around the square with outside seating. Also coffee shops. I have seen dogs at most of them from time to time!

The Local Tavern at 102 King Street at the square, Brocach at 7 West Main on the square, and the Cabana Room at 240 W. Gilman Street off of State all have outdoor patios where I have seen dogs. They all serve food as well as drinks, and I can recommend all three.

Stillwate, mn.
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels that welcome pets

Thanks for all your help. We had 2 successful nights at the Wyngate in Madison,Wisc.. Friday and Sunday nite-on our way back. They were very accomodating. The staff were very welcoming and friendly to our dog-they owned dogs as well, and the room was very clean and did not have dog odor or smell. Our dog enjoyed the walks on the surrounding areas and off the road which had freshly cut grass areas. People appeared to keep the grounds clean (except for 1 undutiful owner)and overall it was a good stay. We were able to find some fast food places for supper that had outdoor tables or we picked up food and brought it back to our room. I will keep the recommendations of the restaurants that you sent for our next trip. Certainly nice weather to travel helps!Thanks again!!!!

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
949 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels that welcome pets

Great news. The weather WAS fantastic, wasn't it? I'm glad you all had a good visit. Come see us again sometime.

8. Re: hotels that welcome pets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Madison
Recent Conversations