We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for (Easter) Sunday Brunch in Madison, WI?

Chicago, Illinois...
3 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for (Easter) Sunday Brunch in Madison, WI?

Greetings! Any suggestions for good places for brunch on Easter Sunday in Madison? (Or, really, for any Sunday - Easter just happens to be when I'll be there this time.) It's just me, so I don't think I'll have trouble getting a table in a reasonable amount of time (versus, say, a family of 6). Any info you can offer on location, price, buffet or not, atmosphere, etc. would be helpful in making my decision, too. Thanks in advance for your help! JIM

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
938 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for (Easter) Sunday Brunch in Madison, WI?

What part of town will you be staying in? Or doesn't that matter?

Chicago, Illinois...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for (Easter) Sunday Brunch in Madison, WI?

I'll be on the east side, near East Towne Mall, but anywhere in Madison is fine.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
938 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for (Easter) Sunday Brunch in Madison, WI?

Ok, then - here are my favorite brunch places - all have sit-down-and-order menus. I don't like buffets!

Sardine (www.sardinemadison.com) - is somewhat upscale. They are 6 blocks east of the Capitol on Lake Monona. The pastry is good, and the produce fresh. They are known for their seafood. ~$20 to be full.

Bon Appetit (www.bonappetitmadison.com) is known for food from all over the world. They are 8 blocks east of the square. It can be loud and boisterous here, but the food is worth it. ~$15 to be full

Manna Cafe (www.mannacafe.com) is about halfway between East Towne and downtown. The baked goods are excellent here, and they have great coffee and tea, too. There's a fireplace, if it's chilly Sunday morning. ~$15 to be full

The Nautigal (www.nautigal.com) is on the north side of Lake Mendota, and west of East Towne. It is a more suburban place, lots of regulars. Can be loud and a bit rowdy, but Easter will have the church crowd, too. They usually have all you can eat shrimp, and sometimes have a buffet for brunch. Not sure about Easter - check the website. ~$15 to be full.

All these places should seat a single person, although you may be asked to sit at the bar. Let me know if none of these appeal to you, and I'll come up with more......

Chicago, Illinois...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for (Easter) Sunday Brunch in Madison, WI?

These all sound great - I had read another recommendation for Nautigal (on a "Best of Madison" list - maybe at madison.com?) and it sounds like fun, so that's probably where I'll go. Thanks for your help! JIM

5. Re: Suggestions for (Easter) Sunday Brunch in Madison, WI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, September 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Madison
Recent Conversations