We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Suggestions for Graduation Party of 10

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
118 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner Suggestions for Graduation Party of 10

We live in Michigan and our daughter is graduating from Wisconsin. We are looking for a place that takes reservations - should be a fun casual place - for a party of 10. Any ideas?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
948 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Suggestions for Graduation Party of 10

I would suggest Smokey's which is fairly close to campus on University Avenue. A real casual would be the Nitty Gritty. A fun thing to do is Ginza of Tokyo where you all sit around the hibachi grill and the cook makes your meal while you watch. There is one on each side of Madison. A place I haven't tried but looks fun is the Melting Pot - different courses of fondue food.

A new restaurant opening just off State Street that looks interesting is a Brazilian Steakhouse. I think you can only order the meat buffet (which is supposed to be 15 different types of open roasted meats) or the salad buffet (which is advertised as the largest in town). I think it will open soon so depending when you are coming it might still be working out the kinks. But it does sound intriguing.

Madison,WI
Level Contributor
529 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Suggestions for Graduation Party of 10

The Great Dane on the Square. It's a brewery and a restaurant, with pool tables too.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Suggestions for Graduation Party of 10

I have always been disappointed with steaks at Smokey's, but maybe it's just me.

Try Tornado Room off the Square. Off the Square, more campus-like.

My favorite place for breakfast is off the square as well. Marigold's Kitchen.

1s1
madison, wisconsin
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner Suggestions for Graduation Party of 10

Interested in Indian food? There is a great little restaurant called The Taste of India in Knickerbocker Place on Monroe Street. Food is great, service is great,and they could accommodate a party of 10. Especially good if you have any vegetarians in the group. I love the steaks at Smoky's, if most of you are carnivores. Marigold Kitchen's breakfasts are yummy, but the place is too small for a group of 10, I think.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
938 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner Suggestions for Graduation Party of 10

Samba, the Brazilian place, opened over the weekend to rave reviews. They have a listing for parties on the website, which can be found at:

http://www.sambabraziliangrill.com/

If you've never been to one of these sorts of restaurants, you are in for a treat.

Here's a review for you to read:

www.thedailypage.com/forum/viewtopic.php…

Deerfield, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner Suggestions for Graduation Party of 10

You are getting a wide variety of choices, so here are a couple more:

-Essen Haus. If you are looking for a German restaurant to reflect Wisconsin's German heritage, try out the Essen Haus. They usually have live polka on the weekends.

http://www.essen-haus.com/

-Flat Top Grill. The Flat Top Grill is located near the intersection of University Avenue and Midvale Blvd., on the Hilldale Mall campus. Yes, it's a franchise, but it's a regional one. You pick out a plate of literally dozens of ingredients (vegetables, meat, tofu, etc) and give it to the chefs who cook it for you. My wife really likes it.

http://www.flattopgrill.com/

Good luck!!

7. Re: Dinner Suggestions for Graduation Party of 10

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Madison
Recent Conversations