We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to plan a quick trip but don't know where to start?

Memphis, Tennessee
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Want to plan a quick trip but don't know where to start?

Looking to plan a weekend trip but I don't know where to start. I really want to do like a mini spa getaway. Should I look at bath houses to stay in, hotel or B&B? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to plan a quick trip but don't know where to start?

There are several possibilities. My wife's favorite hot springs area spa is turtle bay at mountain harbor resort. It is outside of town on lake ouachita. A variety of accommodations are available from motel room to large condo. They have a pool and full marina with boats for rent. The only problem is that it is isolated and you must drive into town for sights, shopping and nicer restaurants. They have a small cafe on premesis which is on the average side. Another possibility would be to select one of the bath house row bath houses in downtown HS and stay in town. These bath houses are connected to the underground natural hot water springs. These would be the Quapaw and the Buckstaff.. The Arlington hotel also offers piped in bath house service to non residents. You could stay in the nearby Embassy Suites. Embassy has a spa but it is not connected to the springs. Lookout point bb is another place to consider staying though it does not have a spa.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to plan a quick trip but don't know where to start?

There are several possibilities. My wife's favorite hot springs area spa is turtle bay at mountain harbor resort. It is outside of town on lake ouachita. A variety of accommodations are available from motel room to large condo. They have a pool and full marina with boats for rent. The only problem is that it is isolated and you must drive into town for sights, shopping and nicer restaurants. They have a small cafe on premesis which is on the average side. Another possibility would be to select one of the bath house row bath houses in downtown HS and stay in town. These bath houses are connected to the underground natural hot water springs. These would be the Quapaw and the Buckstaff.. The Arlington hotel also offers piped in bath house service to non residents. You could stay in the nearby Embassy Suites. Embassy has a spa but it is not connected to the springs. Lookout point bb is another place to consider staying though it does not have a spa.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to plan a quick trip but don't know where to start?

Sorry for the dup posts and the lack of links to the various places mentioned. My phone is acting up.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to plan a quick trip but don't know where to start?

Sorry I made a typo above. It is Turtle Cove Spa not Turtle Bay. Below are links for places referenced above:

Turtle Cove Spa www.turtlecovespa.com

Mountain Harbor Resort (colocated with Turtle Cove) www.mountainharborresort.com

Quapaw Bath House quapawbaths.com

Buckstaff Bath House www.buckstaffbaths.com

Arlington Bath House www.arlingtonhotel.com

Lookout Point BB lookoutpointinn.com

Embassy Suites …hilton.com/en/…index.html

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to plan a quick trip but don't know where to start?

We stayed at Lookout Point over spring break and loved it. I believe they can arrange a massage on-site if you ask them. We went to the baths at Quapaw--we considered doing a massage or other treatment but ended up just doing the baths. They do offer other services but it's not what I think of when I think of a spa vacation. Turtle Cove looks awesome.

To get started, I mainly browsed this forum -- if you search you will find useful threads even though this forum isn't that active -- and I also found the national park website helpful. Also the "things to do" section of the Hot Springs forum has good ideas for sightseeing. We ended up doing the baths, the park and Garvan Gardens.

http://www.nps.gov/hosp/index.htm

Edited: 2:10 pm, March 27, 2014
6. Re: Want to plan a quick trip but don't know where to start?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 29, 2015