We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip Suggestions!!

Euless, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Road Trip Suggestions!!

Need some suggestions! My husband and I are taking a vacation The second week of July. We will be driving from Ft. Worth over to Shreveport for a day or so and then off to Hot Springs, AR for the rest of the week. We are really interested in finding new off the wall places and experiencing things we can't in Texas. What is your favorites road, attraction, restaurant, place to stay along this route? I've done so much research my eyes are crossed! But what better way to find some cool stuff than to ask the people who have been there?! Ready....set....post! And thanks in advance!!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip Suggestions!!

Here are some spots between Shreveport and Hot Springs. You didn’t indicate your interests so some of these may not appeal at all.

President Clinton birthplace in Hope Arkansas www.nps.gov/nr/travel/presidents/bill_clinton_birthplace.html‎

Zip Lines in Okalona Rowdy Adventures
13695 Hwy 51 S
Okolona, Arkansas 71962
(870) 274-3001
Rowdy Adventures

Old Washington State Park www.historicwashingtonstatepark.com

Lake DeGray State Park www.degray.com

Euless, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Trip Suggestions!!

Oops! Ya I forgot that part.....We are usually up for pretty much anything new. We plan on renting a boat in Hot Springs for a day so definitely some nice places on the lake, maybe a nice place to eat lunch on the lake. Just want to get an idea of some "hidden gems" that we otherwise might not see

Thank you for your reply! Would love to check out the zip lines because we've never done that before.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road Trip Suggestions!!

Here is the zip line website: www.rowdyadventures.com

Not sure which lake you are intending to go boating on. Hamilton is a "party lake" - developed with condos and houses, there's lots of fun tubing and skiing. Gets crowded on weekends. Ouachita is huge and scenic with just a handful of marinas and no other real development. There are some cool islands you can get out on at Ouachita. Can get rough. DeGray is kind of a mix between the two. Good fishing and partying and very pretty. DeGray is on your way. I'd def check it out.

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road Trip Suggestions!!

Many restaurants on Lake Hamilton, very few on Degray and Ouachita.

5. Re: Road Trip Suggestions!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs