We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Where to stay?

Which Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
36 posts
Where to stay?

Where is the best place for family of four to stay? somewhere to swim and layout? kids are 15 and 12. Thanks.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
146 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay?

I recommend the Staybridge Suites - they have 2 bedroom suites (very limited number of these) which are great for families, cost is less than 2 hotel rooms and it's like a small apartment.

Depending on the length of your stay, there are all kinds of condos for rent

Kansas City
Level Contributor
36 posts
2. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks, any recommendations on condos?

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
278 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay?

You might take a look at Mountain Harbor Resort out on Lake Ouachita. It has a marina, pool, decent but not great restaurant, a spa which my wife loves, and a huge variety of accommodations from motel to large condos. It is a much larger lake and the resort is several miles outside Hot Springs, which has its pros and cons. The condo rental around Lake Hamilton is so so. I have used this agency a few times http://www.arkansascondos.com and I have never been greatly disappointed but never found a place which I have thought was great. Most are like later 20th century apartment complexes. One or two are converted motels. Most all have small pools and lake views. Try to get an upper lavel condo in one of these as most are wood frame construction and you can often hear kids running above you.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
146 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay?

We've been going down for shorter stays and mostly use hotels lately. We've had good luck directly with owners on www.vrbo.com - lots of nice units right on the lake and some of them would rent nightly. These will come with a cleaning fee and deposit. I agree that arkansascondos.com seems to have older units. Many of the area real estate brokers handle vacation rentals, too.

Shreveport...
2 posts
5. Re: Where to stay?

I'm planning a 3 day vac. to Hot Springs. Can anyone recommend a place under 500 a ngt to stay on the river? Not looking for anything fancy. Just somewhere to stay that is clean. I'm wanting to fish, so if I have to drive, say, 20 miles to town that would be ok. Also in need of finding a inexpensive place to rent a fishing boat. Nothing fancy, just a metal boat LOL. Thanks so much everyone...look forward to your comments.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
278 reviews
6. Re: Where to stay?

Not sure what river you are looking to stay on. You might look at the following places to stay near Hot Springs on lakes which are pretty reasonable and places to rent fishing boats:

Degray Lodge and marina on Lake DeGray degray.com/thingstodo/marina_boat_rentals.as…

Brady Mountain, Crystal Springs, Shangrala on Lake Ouachita for lodging - Crystal Springs only has one flat bottom. The Dive Shop at Brady Mountain has several (501-760-1500)

Sorry no time to get you websites for the above right now. Let us know which river you have in mind fishing.

Shreveport...
2 posts
7. Re: Where to stay?

Thank you so much! On my way to checkout links. You know....really all we're interested in is really pretty senery/water/town close by to maybe grab an ice cream LOL and go fishing in a cheap boat. Staying in a tent isn't beneath me either. Just desperatly wanting to get away from live stressers here and get back to nature and relax. If ya think of anything else...please send away.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
278 reviews
8. Re: Where to stay?

Lake Ouachita State Park - reasonable, pretty lake, fishing boats - get on their waiting list of they are booked. Vacancies often come up at the parks. arkansasstateparks.com/lakeouachita/#.Ubuq4G…

9. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs
Recent Conversations