We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November in Hot Springs

Horn Lake...
1 post
Save Topic
November in Hot Springs

We usually go to Florida for our Anniversary, but I wanted to go somewhere different so I thought of Hot Springs.

Any sugguestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phyllis

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November in Hot Springs

There have been many beautiful November days in Arkansas but make sure you do not expect “warmth” as the name Hot Springs implies! Expect more crisp and cool rather than guaranteed warm, like parts of Florida.

It will also be kind of a “drowsy” time of year in Hot Springs. With horse racing and summer lake play out of season, it will be kind of quiet, which can be pleasant and you may get some good rates.

Some of the things going on which might interest you will be:

Garvan Gardens Christmas lighting display www.garvangardens.com

Downtown Art Galleries – open daily but First Friday night Gallery Walk is enjoyable. www.hotsprings.org

It should be easy to book the bath houses/spas www.quapawbaths.com

A new live theater is causing a buzz www.arktwks.org

Lake Quachita is always a great alternative to Lake Hamilton which undergoes partial draining and maintenance that time of year lakeouachita.org

You can always take a side trip to Little Rock to check out the beautiful Clinton Presidential Center (you don’t have to love ole Bill to appreciate it) www.clintonpresidentialcenter.org

Or a side trip for a couple nights at a beautiful Arkansas mountaintop at a great new lodge www.mountmagazinestatepark.com (When I think Arkansas November getaway, it's hard to not think of great mountain hikes and roaring fires in cozy cabins or mountaintop lodges.)

Mentioned in this post
Arkansas
Arkansas
United States
Florida
Florida
United States
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November in Hot Springs

I love Hot Springs in late November. The trees are gorgeous; the lake is so crisp and beautiful. The main drag is not terribly crowded. Any time of year, the fine folks at J and S Italian Villa are serving up scrumptious dinners, so yeah, I think November is great for Hot Springs. Also, the baths feel amazing when it is cooler outside. We have gone in summer, spring and fall and fall is probably my favorite. Have fun!

Tylertown...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November in Hot Springs

We go to Hot Springs almost every November, to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The town is lit up for Christmas and we always enjoy it so much. The warm baths are especially invigorating that time of year. I look forward to the Christmas trees in the National Park. Such a magical time of year.

Mentioned in this post
Hot Springs National Park
Hot Springs National Park
622 Reviews
Hot Springs, AR
4. Re: November in Hot Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 26, 2013