We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfortable, clean rooms, pet friendly

Which Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tuscumbia, Alabama
1 post
Save Topic
Comfortable, clean rooms, pet friendly

My wife and I and a little West Highland terrier and Daughter & Son in law with a little west Highland terrier plan to stay 2 to 4 nights. We would like to experience the hot springs, massage, etc. We want to come to AR in Feb or Mar and see the place we have been through several times without stopping. A suitable suite with 2 BR - 2 Bath or just adjoining rooms is fine. What else is there to do in Hot Springs other than "Hot Springs". We like good food, shopping, sight seeing, etc. nice , clean, quiet rooms a must.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfortable, clean rooms, pet friendly

I like the Staybridge Chain for 2br 2ba suites. The one in HS is fairly new.

103 Lookout Circle

Hot Springs, AR 71913

(501) 525-6500

www.Staybridge.com
►

$75 non-refundable pet fee

Here are some places to consider visiting in Hot Springs:

www.garvangardens.org (Garvan Gardens - very nice botanical gardens)

www.nps.gov/hosp/planyourvisit/fordyce.htm (Fordyce historic bath house, a museum run by the National Park)

www.tgmoa.com (The “Gangster Museum” – I found it well documented and very interesting. It is a private little museum on Central Avenue just down from the Arlington.)

www.quapawbaths.com newly restored Quapaw historic bath house – a working spa. – I have never had a massage or bath there but have toured the interesting historic building

A few Hot Springs restaurants to consider: (there are many other good ones

Sunday Brunch: Arlington Hotel - an old fashioned upscale all you can eat experience in the famous historic dining room Live piano music. Ask for a window table a view the nice park across the street.

Lunch only: Café 1217 www.cafe1217.net

McClard’s Barbeque – Pres Clinton’s fav

Whole Hog Barbeque – my fav www.wholehogcafe.com - 4332 Central Avenue, Hot Springs - (501) 520-5227

Bella Arti – Italian – historic bldg – mixed reviews but I like it. Piano wkend nites www.belleartigroup.com

In case you might want to make the brief trip to Little Rock, the Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock is worth a visit. It is impressive to people of all political persuasions.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfortable, clean rooms, pet friendly

By the way, Feb/March is Oaklawn racing season. It's a fun place to visit, even if you are not a big gambler. Good food and nice facility. You need to make hotel reservations as soon as you can as the town is busy then.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfortable, clean rooms, pet friendly

Sorry to keep adding to my comments, but I would probably also look into the Embassy Suites downtown. It is likely in Feb-March you would be dining and spending much time downtown and the Embassy location is better for this not only because you can walk out from the hotel but also because you can get caught up in heavy racetrack traffic as you commute to and from downtown and a lake location such as Staybridge. The racetrack is between the lake and downtown. Embassy has a one time pet fee of $35. They do not offer a two bedroom suite. They have bedrroms and separate living rooms with fold out couch beds (where our teens sleep) or offer connecting 1 BR suites. While I think they may say that they cannot exactly guarantee the connecting rooms they will work hard to prioritize the connecting rooms for you if there is any opportunity. Advance reservations will help ensure the connectors. We have really enjoyed this hotel. They work hard to try to please you. Food is pretty good. They have a spa type place but not a real bath house - it is not connected to the hot water springs. Parking is easy and free.

4. Re: Comfortable, clean rooms, pet friendly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, June 17, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs
Recent Conversations