We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any hotel or B&B with park water?

Which Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
any hotel or B&B with park water?

My husband & I are going to HS for our 15th anniversary this May. We were there before for anniversaries 2 and 4, once staying at the old Majestic (LOVED it) and then at a B&B out some way from the city. We really loved being able to take our daily showers with park water, and even the worn bits of the Majestic didn't bother us, because of the history. We're sad to see it go, and that means we need a new place to stay. We can't afford much--maybe around $100 a night? Do you have any suggestions? I see the Arlington has certain rooms listed as mineral water rooms--how can they pipe park water to some rooms and not to others? We love the ambiance of a B&B, but the water at our last one was positively VILE. Bad smelling, harsh on the skin, and so on. We would love to have park water again--it's such a luxurious feeling! Many thanks for your help.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any hotel or B&B with park water?

As far as I know, the Arlington is the only hotel with the mineral water piped to rooms. They have always had it piped only to certain rooms, (the most expensive ones usually). I've stayed in them several times. I have always liked the old place but it has gone downhill over the years. The same people who let the Majestic go down, own the Arlington and do not invest enough in it. They still have a great Sunday brunch, the lobby bar is a fun place, and they have a band in the lobby weekend evenings, so it is worth a visit to the grand old place. The Arlington mineral water rooms are nicer than the others and, as you say, it is pretty fun to take the baths in your own room. The tub kind of has a bluish tint once filled. You might also just find a reasonable BB and visit the beautifully restored Quapaw Bath House and try out the baths there.

2. Re: any hotel or B&B with park water?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 25, 2010