We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hot springs and Golf?? in December to forget resent loss of

Nashville, Tn
2 posts
Save Topic
hot springs and Golf?? in December to forget resent loss of

I recently lost my child and Grandchildren to a horrific homicide and I and a friend are looking for somewhere to go to forget that this Christmas even exists (2009) We are looking for water, theraputic hot springs, fishing, maybe golf, hiking warm weather and just a private get away for Dec 23 - 28 of this year. we are outside of Nashville and will fly in.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hot springs and Golf?? in December to forget resent loss of

First, I like Hot Springs. I get over there every chance I can get. That said, there is no guarantee you will find it a warm Christmas retreat. This is an area with four seasons, and sometimes you will find a mild and pleasant Christmas here and other times a cold and dreary one. According to Farmers Almanac, the last two years average 25 Dec temps were 41 and 38 degrees. This is not to say you will not enjoy a trip to HS. There are definitely hot mineral springs for bathing and other activities.

Nashville, Tn
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hot springs and Golf?? in December to forget resent loss of

thank you for your answer to my question. Is it warmer in States nearly that have mineral springs? Where to you think would be a warmer not to expensive place to go?

Fayetteville...
Destination Expert
for Seabrook Island
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hot springs and Golf?? in December to forget resent loss of

Warm during December? Not in Arkansas.

If you are flying anyway, how about Florida, Texas, Arizona...These are all states known for golf and warmer weather even in winter.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hot springs and Golf?? in December to forget resent loss of

I think you might enjoy Hot Springs -- interesting funky town with many things to do. Golf will be iffy, unless you really don't mind being chilly. Most courses stay open here year round, but that doesn't always mean it is pleasant out there. If you want better chances of good weather, why not try the Orange Beach Gulf Shores area of Alabama. Prices on the beach will be better than most, as the water will be cold. And there are all kinds of golf courses around, most are pretty reasonable.

5. Re: hot springs and Golf?? in December to forget resent loss of

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs