We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Might be moving to Hot Springs; apartments?

Jonesboro, AR
Level Contributor
45 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Might be moving to Hot Springs; apartments?

I might be moving to Hot Springs around July. I'm from northeast Arkansas and have only been to Hot Springs once. I tried to look up some apartments online but can't really find anything.

Can anyone give me recommendations for an apartment? It will just be me, and really if I could find a studio/efficiency in a non-shady area, that's really all I need, either that or a small one-bedroom. I want to live in a cost-effective place but want to make sure to stay in a safe part of town.

Any recommendations appreciated. Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Arkansas
Arkansas
United States
AR
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Might be moving to Hot Springs; apartments?

There are bunches of apts. in Hot Springs ranging from old motels/hotels that are now apts. to brand new complexes. You didn't say whether you wanted to be on/near the lake or downtown. I have two suggestions: 1. go online and look at the yellow pages for Hot Springs for complexes 2. Go online and look at the Sentinel Record (local paper) rental pages.

Many of the older lake homes have a small apt. that is often for rent and many of the older resorts now rent their cottages by the month. Good Luck.

Jonesboro, AR
Level Contributor
45 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Might be moving to Hot Springs; apartments?

Hi, thanks for the input. Can you tell me are there any high-crime parts of Hot Springs I should be aware of? Or is the city relatively okay? Location honestly does not matter at all.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Might be moving to Hot Springs; apartments?

I live in Little Rock but checked with a friend in Hot Springs. He recommended you take a look at Somerset Apartments 501-525-9200. He called it a well-run property. I spoke to Kristin at Somerset. One BR's start at 495/month. They don't have studios. There is only one entrance to the complex but it is not gated and they do not have a security guard. The area is the newer developing part of Hot Springs kind of between the historic downtown and the lakes. Kristin said that if they did not have what you needed, she could recommend other places to look at. Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: Might be moving to Hot Springs; apartments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, October 17, 2009