We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First-Timer

Fort Smith, AR
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
First-Timer

I have a business meeting in Arkadelphia later on this week and will be taking a co-worker with me who is from Pennsylvania and has heard about Hot Springs, but has never been before.

Any recommendations on must sees or must eats? Also, where can I show him some actual natural hot springs?

I think we will go eat at McClard's sometime. I used to live in Hot Springs about 20 years ago, but I know a lot has changed since then.

Thanks!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First-Timer

Everyone has their favorite Hot Springs dining spot. Mine is Belle Arti. www.belleartigroup.com

Central Park Fusion is getting many raves right now.

http://www.centralparkfusion.com

Lunch is good at 1217 www.cafe1217.net 1217 just opened a new Mexican place next door but haven't heard how it is.

Check out the newly opened Ouachita Baths. It is a handsome multimillion dollar restoration of a historic bath house. If you purchase bath or massage services, ask them to give you a private tour of the yet to be opened basement where the natural springs flow over rocks and form a natural sauna in a cave.

Fort Smith, AR
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First-Timer

If we don't go to the Ouachita Baths place, where is the best place to see the natural springs?

I remember going to a place when I was younger where you could take your shoes off and put them in the spring.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First-Timer

That would be just across the street from the Arlington in the park. You can also see the springs from a viewing spot around back of the Fordyce Baths.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First-Timer

Sorry I got confused. The new bath house is the Quapaw Baths not the Ouachita www.quapawbaths.com

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First-Timer

Belle Artie is OK -- if you go there, I'd recommend their lobster bisque -- excellent. But for a wonderful Italian meal, try J&S Itailan Villa on Lake Hamilton. We have lived down here for 8 years and it is the best.

6. Re: First-Timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs