We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The hills resort house boat rentals

Which Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Katy Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
The hills resort house boat rentals

I am looking for a few things.

1. Who has used this company?

2. Would you use them again?

3. What is the weather like in April? We are going on April 9th to the 14th.

4. Are you able to swim at this time of the year?

5. How is the fishing?

I know there are a few questions but your input would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

AR
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The hills resort house boat rentals

I live in Hot Springs and have my own boat on Lake Ouachita, so I have not used Hill, but have friends who have and they were satisfied. You might also check out Crystal Springs Resort for houseboat rentals.

The weather is usually nice that time of year...i.e. 60-75 and sometimes 80ish. I wouldn't swim, but maybe you are not as cold natured as I am. The fishing is fine anytime, but the lake should be warming up and the water should be moving, so it should be good. I have friends that fish Lakes Hamilton and Ouachita all year long.

Last year the lake was very full during the spring due to rains in Oklahoma, etc. that came down the river. The houseboat rental places usually give a good map and even take you out and teach you how to tie up correctly and give you safe ideas of places to move to if you don't want to stay in one place more than a day or two. Of course all the boats are equipped with marine radios, too.

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The hills resort house boat rentals

1. and 2. Sorry, no personal info on those.

3. Weather is usually in the low to mid 70's and can be a bit rainy. Generally, less rain in April than in May at least. Last year wasn't typical at all. Lots and lots of rain in March. We had most of our April showers then. Northern Arkansas was more affected than the area you're going to.

4. Personally, I don't go swimming til June or July. You and yours may be braver.

5. The lake is big on Black Bass. lakeouachita.org/lake-ouachita-black-bass.htm You can see fishing reports at: www.agfc.com/fishing/fishing-reports.aspx

Make sure you check out the Ouachita Geo Float Trail. Maps are available at different places. mvk.usace.mil/lakes/AR/Ouachita/index.php…

Just FYI, the northern part of Lake Ouachita has much less development along the banks and you are more likely to see wildlife in that area.

Katy Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The hills resort house boat rentals

Thank you so much for the great info. My family and i are very excited about teh trip. I will let you know how it went.

Thanks again

Todd

4. Re: The hills resort house boat rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs