We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities for toddlers on the weekend

Which Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Activities for toddlers on the weekend

We'll be in Hot Springs for a weekend in May and are looking for some kid friendly activities for a Saturday morning and or afternoon. The kids are 2 and 3, plus there will be their 2 sets of parents and one set of grandparents. We don't want to do Magic Springs until they are a bit older and can get our money's worth out of it. We are staying at a condo on Lake Hamilton so we're fine with driving in for something fun to do. Any ideas? Thanks!

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities for toddlers on the weekend

There are several things the kids would probably enjoy. there's a magic show: maxwellblade.com A hands-on type museum: midamericamuseum.org A garden (that I love to visit several times a year) for them to burn off some energy: garvangardens.org Also, the ride the ducks: rideaduck.com A couple of other places that may have something your party might be interested in: pockettheatre.com and bathhouseshow.com For the adults there is The Hot Springs Winery for a taste testing. There is also a little petting zoo at the Alligator Farm. Think that's the right name of it.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities for toddlers on the weekend

Thanks for all those ideas. I think they might enjoy the alligator farm and petting zoo and the other ideas seem fun as well. I've only been to the gardens at Christmas so I bet they are beautiful in the spring (and not nearly as crowded!). Thanks again!

hot springs, ar
Level Contributor
419 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities for toddlers on the weekend

There is also Play by Play an indoor playground.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities for toddlers on the weekend

Where is the Play by Play (indoor playground)? Thanks for telling me about that. It could a good option in case of rain.

One other question--where is the alligator farm?

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Activities for toddlers on the weekend

there is a map you can print out on their web-site that will explain better than I can. www.arkansasalligatorfarm.com/map

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Activities for toddlers on the weekend

Play by Play is at 1510 Lakeshore Dr.. for a map you can go to yellowpages.com and type in Play By Play Hot Springs AR. Then click on get directions.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Activities for toddlers on the weekend

Thank you so much!!

8. Re: Activities for toddlers on the weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 25, 2009