We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding reception ideas

USA
13 posts
Save Topic
Wedding reception ideas

I need some suggestions for wedding reception venues in the Hot Springs area. It doesn't need to be too large (probably no more than 50 people). I've thought about Garvan Gardens but the ceremony will be in the winter, so I'm unsure about how well that would work. Something at the Arlington would be convenient since 99% of the guests will be from out of town. I'd also thought about perhaps having something at a really nice restaurant or a B&B, so if anyone could offer me any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding reception ideas

The belle of hot springs would be a unique place to have a wedding reception.

The have heated and cooled indoor areas, views of the lake and can host up to 400..........

www.belleriverboat.com/privatereceptions.htm

I also went to a wedding at a beautiful B&B on lake hamilton.

They do the wedding and reception as well.........

http://www.lookoutpointinn.com/

It is super nice..........

little rock arkansas
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding reception ideas

This is an off the wall idea, but a very unique location is a place called Couchwood, a historic lakeside family compound which is rented out in the winter months. You'd probably have to bring in a caterer but it would be a memorable venue. Type in Couchwood under search in the Hot Springs forums and read over previous comments.

Hot Springs, AR
Level Contributor
178 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding reception ideas

The Hamilton House would be an excellent place for your wedding reception. It is an older home on Lake Hamilton (actually, the first home on Lake Hamilton) that was a restaurant at one time, and is now a B&B with a lovely restaurant. Beautiful grounds..

hot springs...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding reception ideas

I noticed your inquiry about a location in Hot Springs, Arkansas for a reception and wanted to let you know that I have a location on Lake Hamilton for rent for private parties. There is no liquor license so you can bring in your own, and you can bring your own food or caterer. If you have not made other arrangements, you can contact me at 501-538-0399 or email me at pamhill49@yahoo.com.

5. Re: Wedding reception ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 20, 2009