We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferncliff Boutique bungalow

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ferncliff Boutique bungalow

Has anyone stayed here recently. There are widely differing reviews. I have booked 2 rooms in August. Will it be very cold? Do they have a licence to sell alcohol? Are there better places to have an evening meal?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,870 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferncliff Boutique bungalow

Well, on 2/3 of the days Eliya tends to be cloudy and hence cold even at daytime. Nighttime is always cold. Eliya has some outside tourist restaurants too, mainly near the bazaar/post office - but don't know how far the bungalow is from there.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferncliff Boutique bungalow

Thanks for that.

3. Re: Ferncliff Boutique bungalow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:23 am, July 08, 2013
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,272 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferncliff Boutique bungalow

I visited some friends who were staying at the Bungalow and it looked great to me. Location is quite close to the town center and the bazaar. If I'm not mistaken Ferncliff is one of the older, famous houses that has been recently renovated as a boutique bungalow. The mixed reviews might have been due to the fact that they titled themselves as "Bungalow and Spa" before the spa was actually constructed. So you can imagine how some visitors might feel betrayed if they were expecting the spa factor.

At the time they didn't have a liquor license but you were welcome to bring your own. Best email them for an update.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferncliff Boutique bungalow

I appreciate your reply. We have prepaid as part of a tour and are not going to cancel. I just wanted to know what to expect. I don't want my friends to be disappointed. I will email them and see what they say.

6. Re: Ferncliff Boutique bungalow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 10, 2014