We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Nuwara Eliya to CMB Airport

Sacramento...
2 posts
Save Topic
Driving from Nuwara Eliya to CMB Airport

Hi,

Im planning on staying at the Tea Factory in Nuwara Eliya on May 11 with 2 of my friends, however, their flight leaves at 4pm on May 12 out of CMB.

Does anyone know approx. how long the drive would be from Nuwara Eliya to CMB? And if we might have time to stop by Pinnewala Elephant orphanage?

Thanks!

Nicole

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,749 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Nuwara Eliya to CMB Airport

Hi there,

Eliya town to airport: 5.5 - 6 hours. Add 45 mins from Tea Factory as it's in Kandapola just on the 'wrong' side of town.

If they need to be at airport 2 PM that means 7 AM leaving from hotel without a stop in Pinawela. The stop would need to be 2 hours to enjoy the whole setting so I'd not do it, sorry.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Sacramento...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Nuwara Eliya to CMB Airport

Ah okay, I was worried that it might take that long.

Thank you for the advice!

Nicole

3. Re: Driving from Nuwara Eliya to CMB Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 21, 2014