We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Now

Andover, Hampshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather Now

Hi,

Anyone currently in Kuramathi or just got back? Looking at weather forecast on Wunderground and not looking too promising. Should I take wet weather gear?!

Thanks

Louise

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Now

I just checked your Wunderground and it says there's a 30% chance of rain on Thursday and the temperature will be 29C for the next 5 days. What do you mean by "not looking too promising"?

What do you mean by wet weather gear? It's not going to be cold - the rain will most likely be short sharp and very warm so, no, you don't need wet weather gear. Your room will probably have an umbrella if you should need to walk around during the 10 minutes it's likely to pour down. Otherwise, just wait until it's over. Personally I don't bother with the umbrella - just make a dash for the bar.

Andover, Hampshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Now

Hi nakatcha,

Thanks for your advice, I know that when it sayd rain, it's oftern just a quick shower, but I had read that 2006 was a particularly wet year for the Maldives, and just wanted to see if anyone had come back recently to hear what it was currently like - straight from the horses mouth - so to speak.

Couldn't think of anything worse than spending thousands of £££'s to escape the british winter to have two weeks in the rain!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Now

We've been there when the forecast has shown 100% chance of rain. It really is not a problem. Yes, it has rained for 10 or 12 hours, but that's not the norm. I would say the norm for the Maldives is an hour or two's rain a day, normally at night. We've seen a few showers during the day too, but not for more than a couple of hours.

We certainly never take any wet weather gear. It's warm rain and the hotels provide umbrellas which are useful if it tips down. Normally when it rains I either go for a swim or if it's really bad, to the gym - it's a standing joke that I never go near a gym on holiday unless the weather's bad. Alternatively, as Nakatcha says, the bar's a good place too.

4. Re: Weather Now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 22, 2009