We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuramathi Deluxe Beach Villa

Worcester, England...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kuramathi Deluxe Beach Villa

Hi, we have booked a two week stay for next year, i have been here before a couple of years ago, we stayed in a beach villa, i didnt take any notice of the position of the other villas on the island. This time i have booked a deluxe beach villa, I know there are lots of opinions on whats the best room for the dbv, but im hoping someone can tell me an exact room number, we are after 2 rooms next to each other, with a larger section of beach,and good views to the ocean, dont mind if its not private as you cant have it all, thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Worcester, England...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuramathi Deluxe Beach Villa

Baldock, United...
Level Contributor
933 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuramathi Deluxe Beach Villa

Hi I memorised these numbers as I was going to post my opinion. Okay you need to ask for rooms between 342-331. These are on the best bit of beach with good views and no trees or shrubs blocking your view. I asked for the wrong room numbers and we did not like the position ours was in 346 as it did not have a good view. The numbers from 342 downwards are in the second section of DBV's, they are further away from the Laguna bar and restaurant but really they are not far. The only good thing about the section we were in was that we could easily access the lagoon side which had a lovely beach. We did not like swimming in the water outside our DBV as the water has a stagnant feel to it due to the sea wall.

Also take plenty of mossie repellant as there are far too many mossier around all the DBV's.

Edited: 4:29 am, April 12, 2014
Worcester, England...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuramathi Deluxe Beach Villa

Hi thank you for your reply, when you say you felt the water was stagnent outside your villa, would that be the same outside the numbers you have recommended, is the defense wall all along the dbv? thanks for your help

Baldock, United...
Level Contributor
933 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuramathi Deluxe Beach Villa

Sorry yes it was all along. It's hard to describe but the water is very still. It wasn't murky or like that but after a couple of days it did not feel so appealing to swim in and it got very warm in the afternoon. Which is why we preferred to swim in the sea over the Laguna bar side. It was okay if you wanted to swim out to the reef to snorkel as once you got past the sea wall it was better. It wasn't a real problem it was just that we have been to better Islands sea wise.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuramathi Deluxe Beach Villa

We stayed in 342 and loved it's location, hopefully this might give you a rough idea of it's location and possible views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiByVcKY7JM

Worcester, England...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuramathi Deluxe Beach Villa

Thank you, your video looks great, so am i right in thinking if we request higher numbers than 342 the beach is smaller and there is more foilage,if we ask for 342 and downwards there is more expanse of beach, also how close would be be to the nearest bar, if we request the lower dbv numbers, thank you

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuramathi Deluxe Beach Villa

From the back door 342 was about 50 yds to the restaurant and 100 yds to the bar, however we didn't hear any noise from either in general, and we usually found ourselves the last ones in the bar most evenings after 10:30pm, so unless things have changed it's unlikely you will be kept up with people partying.

Yes there was more in the way of foliage I would say around the villas above 342 and also less beach between villas and the lagoon. However that said the rest of our party had villas 345 & 346 (I think) and equally enjoyed their stay. There are also the end two (don't know their numbers) which due to their location have decking on stilts (a bit like the water villas) which some people liked but others were less keen.

It's about three and a half years since we were there so all the above info was accurate then, not 100% sure if still the same.

Worcester, England...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuramathi Deluxe Beach Villa

Thank you all for all of your help and recommendations, i think i email the island and request the lower numbered villas... and now starts the countdown

9. Re: Kuramathi Deluxe Beach Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 15, 2015